Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fun While It Lasted

well, it was an interesting weekend back in good ol' t-town. it was very nice to see my mom, siblings and a few other relatives. it was also nice to show gnat where i grew up and give her a tour of the area, which took all of fifteen minutes. i'm not kidding, this place is minuscule. then she got to meet my friends and catch up on some beer drinkin' like we're known to do back home. that's in large part to that being the only fun thing to do there other than cow tippin'. hehe i'd say in the two nights we were there i probably consumed close to 35 beers with gnat playing a distant second with like maybe an 18-pack.............lightweight. it was fun watching the fireworks on saturday night because even though the town has less people than a low-budget movie cast (including extras), it actually boasts a damn nice fireworks display. my friends and family approved of gnat, which is good, and she handled herself very well with my friends and siblings drunken antics. i.e. my brother, the poster child for drunken belligerence. i didn't even go to my favorite watering-hole, margaret's cafe, for fear of a ban put on me due to some events that occurred around christmastime. how could i have forgotten? oh yea, i was really drunk. but that's another story for another time. all in all, it was a good weekend and i'm glad my mom and gnat finally met because they might be related soon, who knows ;) stay tuned for more.......peace and chicken grease -special k

No comments: